Based: Begbroke, Oxford
Reporting to: Function Test Team Leader
Conditions: Full time, Salaried
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established engineering company who are world leaders in the analogue and digital audio fields. As a Functional Test Engineer, you will be joining the Functional Test team with previous audio Knowledge and experience to take an active role in our validation programs of hardware and software releases. The role is very varied and hands-on, and a successful candidate would be also involved in software tasks to enable and move forward our automated test methods.
- Functionally test software and hardware products in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Within a development team, test system blocks and the integration of the whole system solutions.
- Develop and implement test methods to automate repetitive tasks and continue to improve test coverage.
- Analyse test results, provide detailed reports and communicate possible solutions to the engineering team.
- Active role in product validation, software releases, and hardware upgrades.
- Understand products requirements, to inform test schedules to ensure we meet our customer requirements.
- Aid are Production and Service teams in troubleshooting and debugging systems problems.
- Continuous improvement / learning and growing knowledge within the functional test team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate calibre with good Engineering degree, ideal would be a mix of audio, electronics, and software.
- High Knowledge / Experience of Audio Consoles, IO and industry audio standards.
- Excellent Knowledge DAWs like Protools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Ableton Live and Studio One.
- Practical electronic fault finding and mechanical skills.
- Understanding and ability to diagnose analogue and digital audio processing circuitry.
- IT competence, PC Infrastructures and OS (Windows/Linux/Mac)
- Experience with networking protocols and Dante I/O Products.
- High level of technical competence coupled with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proactive attitude, highly focused, self-motivated with the capability to work in a team environment.
- Analytical, with good attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to understand complex systems and break them down to the fundamental elements.
- Understanding of design specifications and test strategies.
- Knowledge of best test practices and risk analysis would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and logically analyse problems.
Please send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying. To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations Notification:
Your personal information will be used by Solid State Logic for the purposes of recruitment and its administration. The company limits the storage of your data to the required period and therefore we will only retain your personal information for as long as you are in an application process. Once all application procedures have been completed, your data will be deleted. By applying for this position, you are confirming your acceptance of these conditions.