This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established engineering company who are world leaders in the analogue and digital audio fields. The role of the Junior Functional Test Engineer would be well suited to a fresh graduate or a junior engineer looking for a new challenge. Working within the R&D team you will take an active role in our validation programs to test our products and software releases. This role is very varied and right from the start you will be gaining hands-on experience of SSL products and technology.
- With support learn and functionally test the software and hardware elements of SSL products.
- Analyse test results, provide detailed reports, and communicate findings to the engineering teams.
- Active role in product validation, software releases, and hardware upgrades.
- Attention to details to ensure all products are fit for purpose and satisfy our customer requirements.
- Learn and develop test methods, that aid automating tasks and test routines.
- Support our Production and Service teams in troubleshooting /debugging systems.
- Continuous improvement and growing knowledge within the functional test team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate calibre with good Engineering degree, ideal would be a mix of audio, electronics, and software.
- Interest in music, practical audio mixing concepts and industry audio standards.
- Experience with DAWs like Protools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Ableton Live and Studio One.
- Practical electronic and mechanical skills.
- IT competence, including experience building PCs and knowledge of operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking protocols would be an advantage.
- High level of technical competence coupled with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proactive attitude, highly focused, self-motivated with the capability to work in a team environment.
- Analytical, with good attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to understand complex systems and break them down to the fundamental elements.
- Understanding of design specifications and test strategies.
- Knowledge of best test practices and risk analysis would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and logically analyse problems.
Please send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying. To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations Notification:
Your personal information will be used by Solid State Logic for the purposes of recruitment and its administration. The company limits the storage of your data to the required period and therefore we will only retain your personal information for as long as you are in an application process. Once all application procedures have been completed, your data will be deleted. By applying for this position, you are confirming your acceptance of these conditions.