Based: Chatsworth, CA (Los Angeles)
Reporting to: Director of Technical Support, ACP
Conditions: Full-time, salaried
The Technical Support Specialists at Solid State Logic is responsible for providing technical support, advice, and assistance to consumers and businesses with technical, hardware, and software system problems. Specialists generally deal directly with end users and must effectively communicate answers in a way they can understand. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give remote help at the desktop level.
- Deliver service and support to customers via phone, email, and remote connection over the internet
- Creating and maintaining records of customer service incidents
- Working with our NY and UK teams to resolve a variety of issues
- Staying current with system information, changes, and updates
- Ability to effectively provide solutions to our valued customers to the highest standard
- Expert knowledge Audio Recording concepts including DAWs, signal flow, interfaces, MIDI etc. is required
- Knowledge of recording devices, plug in software, musical instruments and other music gear including microphones, drums, keyboards, etc. is required
- Strong working knowledge of computers and computer operating systems
- Ability to communicate clearly, positively and decisively to multiple levels of customer technical ability
- Desire to pay close attention to detail, high level of organization, and the responsibility to promptly complete assigned tasks
- Comfortable with multitasking is essential
- Exceptional Customer Service experience/attitude
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Degree or Certificate in Music Technology or similar preferred
- Significant aptitude troubleshooting recording studio and live production issues
- Ability to work with email programs, Microsoft Word & Excel a must.
- Familiarity with ZenDesk a plus.
- Position is located in the Group One office in Chatsworth, CA (Los Angeles). It is not a remote position
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
About Group One Ltd.
Group One Ltd. is a US importer and distributor for a number of professional audio and lighting manufacturers. The company’s audio division currently distributes Calrec broadcast solutions, DiGiCo digital mixing consoles, KLANG:technologies 3D immersive in-ear monitor mixing systems, Solid State Logic recording solutions, MC2 high quality innovative amplifiers, XTA digital signal processing equipment and integrated amplification, and Austrian Audio headphones and microphones. The lighting division currently distributes Avolites lighting control consoles, and elektraLite LED fixtures.