Based: SSL, Begbroke Oxford
Reporting to: Test Team Leader
Conditions: Full time, salaried
From ground-breaking audio consoles to innovative video production systems, Solid State Logic has evolved to become the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for film, audio, video, and broadcast professionals.
A very varied position where no two days will be the same. You will be testing, diagnosing, repairing, and reporting on digital/analogue sub-assemblies and consoles in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures to meet exacting customer specification. This position will be heavily digital based but strong analogue knowledge is also essential.
- Testing new sub-assemblies and consoles to a demanding schedule.
- Repairing field returns within the Service level agreement.
- Help to develop production test documentation and modify automated test solutions where required.
- Analyse test results, provide detailed reports, and communicate possible solutions to QA and the Engineering team.
- Maintain accurate records of test activity in accordance with the appropriate reporting procedure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and logically analyse problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate calibre engineer
- Background in PCB sub-assemblies – Test and Repair.
- Strong understanding of digital electronics essential, microprocessor-based systems knowledge desirable.
- Good understanding of analogue and digital electronic circuit theory.
- Good SMT rework skills are desirable.
- An interest in Technology and Audio Mixing would be an advantage.
- A keen interest or hobby in electronics, PC building and/or IT network knowledge is highly desirable.
- Basic PC Application knowledge like Windows, Word, and Excel/Google Sheets.
- High level of technical competence coupled with strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly focused, self-motivated, and proactive with the capability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Understanding and ability to diagnose analogue/digital audio processing circuitry.
- Analytical, keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Willing to do what it takes.
- Able to change focus and direction quickly upon request.
- Knowledge of the best practice manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
Please send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to [email protected]. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role, and your motivation behind applying. To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations Notification:
Your personal information will be used by Solid State Logic for the purposes of recruitment and its administration. The company limits the storage of your data to the required period and therefore, we will only retain your personal information for as long as you are in an application process. Once all application procedures have been completed, your data will be deleted. By applying for this position, you are confirming your acceptance of these conditions.