· The term “resource” pertains to any related content in the provided media and it includes but is not limited to source code both in code files and solutions, binary compiled code, spread sheets, documents, Power Point files, sample projects, formulas, class outline, book content, graphic notations, graphic diagrams and icons, and labs walkthroughs.
· The terms “reproduce,” “reproduction” and “distribution” have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
· “You” means the licensee of the resources.
· “Licensed patents” means any IDesign patent claims which read directly on the resources as distributed by IDesign under this license.
2. Grant of Rights
1. Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, IDesign grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royaltyfree copyright license to reproduce the resources, prepare derivative works of the resources and distribute the resources or any derivative works that you create.
2. Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, IDesign grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royaltyfree patent license under licensed patents to make, have made, use, practice, sell, and offer for sale, and/or otherwise dispose of the resources or derivative work.
3. Conditions and Limitations
1. No Trademark License- This license does not grant you any rights to use IDesign’s name, logo, or trademarks.
2. If you begin patent litigation against IDesign over patents that you think may apply to the resources (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit), your license to the resources ends automatically.
3. If you distribute copies of the resources or derivative works, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the resources.
4. If you publish in public any part of or a derived work that uses the resources you will provide explicit credit to IDesign and the use of its resources.
5. If you distribute the resources or derivative works in source code form or any human readable form such as a document or a tool, you may do so only under this license (i.e., you must include a complete copy of this license with your distribution), and if you distribute the resources or derivative works in compiled or object code form you may only do so under a license that complies with this license.
6. The resources is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. IDesign gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions.
7. You are liable for using the resources and any infringement and intellectual property liability resulting from your use of the resources is your responsibility and complete liability. You will hold IDesign harmless from all consequences of the derived work.