Quality, Value and Performance
SSL 12 is a high quality, value-based, centerpiece for a home or project-based studio control room. Included are 4 SSL-designed microphone preamplifiers (with Mic/Line and HPF), 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments and 2 professional grade headphone outputs along with next-generation 32-bit /192 kHz AD/DA converters — guaranteeing pristine audio at all times. Advanced routing and monitoring options combined with ADAT input supporting 8 additional channels of digital audio offer a total of 12 tracks of simultaneous recording and 8 channels of playback brought together in a rugged, portable design.
Producers and content creators are catered for with a tool kit to keep creativity flowing. Users can configure where SSL 12’s Loopback feed is taken from: Record the output of a media player (e.g. via Playback 1-2) or create a custom sub-mix of your podcast via one of the Aux Busses (e.g. Line 3-4). Both headphone mixes and line outputs 3-4 are also accessible for absolute production flexibility. In addition to this, electronic music producers and vintage instrument enthusiasts will appreciate the comprehensive control offered by the DC-coupled outputs for creating Control Voltage signals, and MIDI I/O.
SSL Production Pack
Included with SSL 12 is the renowned SSL Production Pack, a value-packed suite of software instruments, sounds, plug-ins and DAW (worth over $1000), that includes the Vocalstrip and Drumstrip 2 plug-ins as well as 3-month access to SSL's Complete subscription and other 3-month licenses from the likes of Antares and Output.
- USB bus-powered (with on/off switch), Mac/Windows compatible; power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via USB 2.0
- 4 SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivaled -130.5dBu EIN performance and enormous 62 dB gain range for a USB-powered device.
- Per-Channel Legacy 4K circuits, providing analogue colour enhancement for any input source (inspired by SSL 4000-series console).
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments.
- 2 Professional-grade headphone outputs.
- 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range, operating at
- Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set to or as additional line-level outputs.
- DC-coupled for controlling CV input instruments & FX
- 32-bit/192 kHz AD/DA Converters boasting >120 dB line output dynamic range .
- ADAT IN supporting 8 additional channels of digital audio.
- Built-In talkback mic and 3 user-assignable front panel switches to assign monitoring functions / talkback mic operation.
- MIDI I/O.
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle included, providing 3-month subscription to SSL Complete, Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip, plus an exclusive collection of, virtual instruments, plug-ins and DAW.
SSL has been designing cutting-edge mixing consoles and processing tools for the world's finest recording studios for over five decades, and the addition of SSL 12 into its family of interfaces puts the power of SSL in the hands of a myriad of modern musicians, producers and content creators.
SSL 12 is priced at £333 ex.VAT / €399 + tax / $499.
For more information, please contact your favourite reseller or visit the SSL website: www.solidstatelogic.com/products/SSL-12